Friday, July 18, 2014

Tidbits 2014

  • Topspin and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Recently I moved to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Topspin 3.2 did not start normally with this platform. Apparently the cprserver was dying and nothing came up after a couple of minutes.  I did install all the 32-bit compatible libraries to take care of all X related issues. But this problem is not remedied by those.

I did find a Bruker knowledge base entry that said that TS3.2 is not playing well with Kernel 3.13.xx yet and understandably Bruker cannot help but wait for the next kernel release. 

Apparently by May '14 Kernel 3.14 has been released, not by the official ubuntu distribution, but from a third party and Bruker encouraged me to update the Kernel and assured that Topspin 3.2 will work well after that.

I am happy to note that, after I updated to Kernel 3.14.3-031403-generic, as I write this, Topspin 3.2 works beautifully, without any issues so far.

Phew !

No comments:

Post a Comment